Boeing is one of the most important companies in aviation, aerospace and defense technology, serving airlines and government customers from the United States and more than 150 other countries. At the same time, publicly traded Boeing stock is on the radar of millions of investors around the world who want to benefit from the company’s growth.
What is Boeing stock?
A stock is a variable-return security that allows you to own a stake in a particular company. A stock is a unit owned by a company. Most companies issue and sell stock to raise additional capital to finance their operations. BA stock price forecasts for the long term are always optimistic. You might also consider investing in NIOs for the long term.
Owning stock can give you (but not always) any of the following rights:
- The right to dividends.
- The right to vote at general meetings.
- The right to a liquidation share.
For example, 1 share of Boeing stock gives you 1 share of the company and ownership, and you can get any of the rights mentioned, as well as take advantage of potential share price appreciation.
You should know that the ticker symbol for Boeing stock is #BA, and according to Yahoo Finance, there are over 564 million Boeing shares outstanding as of January 15.
Why invest in Boeing stock?
People invest for a variety of reasons, such as to make a fortune over the long term, to pay for a child’s education, to accumulate capital for their own business, to retire, to achieve other financial goals, or simply to increase disposable income.
The topic of investments has become increasingly relevant in the world in recent years amid the following factors:
- Virtually zero interest rates on bank deposits.
- Inflation much higher than interest rates on deposits (negative real interest rates).
- Ongoing world economic stimulus programs that increase the money supply and inflationary pressures.
- The difficult economic situation is reflected in BA’s after hours stock price.
Why choose this company’s stock?
- Boeing is one of the largest companies in the world and one of the key companies in the aviation and defense industries.
- BA stock price history is part of the Dow Jones Industrial Average index, which includes 30 of the most reputable companies traded on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq.
- Protection of available capital from inflation.
- Opportunities for capital appreciation and financial goals.
- Opportunities for portfolio diversification.
- Opportunities to build a stream of passive profitability through dividends.
- Very high liquidity of assets (you can buy and sell your assets in seconds).
- Due to high liquidity you can take advantage of low investment costs (spreads and commissions).
- Low initial investment.
- Risks in investing in Boeing stock
- As most of you know, there are no risk-free investments. Buying Boeing stock also comes with its own risks, which include:
- New problems with some Boeing models.
- Increased debt levels after the pause associated with the 737 MAX.
- High volatility in Boeing stock prices
- Difficult recovery of industries Boeing operates in after the Covid-19 pandemic.
Now that you know why you should invest in Boeing and what the inherent risks of such an investment are, let’s look at how much capital you should spend on such an investment.
What does Boeing aircraft company stock price depend on?
Like all assets, Boeing aircraft company stock prices depend on changes in supply and demand. Here are some of the key factors that can lead to changes in Boeing company stock price history:
- Economic indicators for the U.S. economy, such as unemployment, inflation, GDP and others.
- U.S. Federal Reserve decisions on monetary policy in the form of interest rates and stimulus programs.
- Market sentiment — whether investors are willing to look for risky assets such as stocks or haven assets (bonds, gold, and so on).
- Presentation of the industries in which Boeing operates.
- Presentation of Boeing’s competitors.
- Data from quarterly reports strongly influences the Boeing company stock price. It is about earnings per share (EPS), free cash flow, price/earnings ratio, and so on.
- Changes in the dividends that the company pays to investors affect the BA pre market stock price.
- Unforeseen events such as war, terrorist attack, global pandemic, catastrophe and so on.
Of course, BA current stock price can depend on many other factors, but here we have noted those that can most often affect supply and demand.