QQQ is one of the most popular products offered on global stock exchanges. But what’s the price of QQQ stock? What runs this price tag today?
What’s QQQ stock price today?
The NASDAQ-100 index consists of hundreds of large international non-financial companies and is focused on the IT sector. Since this area of activity is intensively developing in the 21st century, when the dot-com crisis has passed, NASDAQ-100 and ETF QQQ, which almost 100% repeats the structure of the index, are in demand among investors from all over the world.
The fund’s main attractiveness criterion is its high market capitalization (over $530 billion) coupled with a low expense ratio (0.2%). The fund’s MSCI ESG rating is approximately 6 out of 10.
The NASDAQ-100 index is calculated by determining the weighted average market capitalization of all companies at the end of trading.
Thus, the QQQ ETF is traded on the stock exchange as a security, by purchasing which you invest in 100 large non-financial corporations at a minimal cost. The fund’s securities are suitable for long-term passive investments in the high-tech sector. Dividends are paid 4 times a year.
Over the entire history of its existence, the QQQ after-hours stock price has declined during periods of economic recession, after which the rate returned to a normal level and updated all-time highs.
Here’s what it looks like on a QQQ stock price chart:
What impacts the current stock price of QQQ?
Between 2012 and 2020, QQQ ETF stocks outperformed the S&P 500. However, there is one thing to keep in mind.
In 2020, the coronavirus pandemic swept the world, in connection with which many companies transferred employees to remote work. Against this background, the demand for computers, cloud services, and other software for remote work soared. Most likely, this phenomenon is temporary.
In addition, QQQ is more volatile than the S&P 500 due to the fact that QQQ is not as well-diversified.
QQQ stock price prediction for 2025
QQQ is dependent on the IT and technology sectors. It is characterized by long periods of growth, in some years the QQQ pre-market stock price grew by more than 50%. However, the profitability of this level is not so common.
The focus on the IT and technology sector is not a vulnerability and weak point of the QQQ. Even the collapse of dot-coms at the beginning of the 2000s did not cause the fund to close. This proves the resilience and ability of Invesco to survive difficult periods.
Looking to the future, QQQ Trust, Series 1 (NASDAQ: QQQ) PowerShares ETF will rise as long as interest in the IT and high-tech sector in particular continues. The probability of the fund closing or going bankrupt is extremely low. And due to the high volatility, QQQ shares are suitable not only for long-term investments but also for intraday work.
The US Federal Reserve continues to actively raise rates
Inflation in the US unexpectedly soared to 8.6% in May from 8.3% a month earlier. This is a new record for 41 years! The market expected it to remain at the level of 8.3%. But…
What does it all mean?
- Now there is an opinion that the peak of world inflation will be passed in summer-autumn. But after such numbers, the likelihood that these are just dreams increases.
- The FED will not be able to get out and will have to continue to actively raise the rate. While the regulator plans to raise the rate by 50 basis points. at the next two meetings. But it may be necessary to act more quickly.
- So far, analysts expect US GDP to grow by 2.5-3%. But for the US economy, price acceleration is negative not only because of the FED’s reaction but also because of the enormous increase in costs. It is likely that 2022 will be less successful for the American economy than analysts expect.
The market reaction to this is appropriate:
- Futures for America flew down. S&P 500 -1.4%, Nasdaq 100 -1.6%.
- Yields on U.S. Treasury bonds have gone up. The two-year ones were especially striking: the yield increased from 2.84% to 2.92%.
- Gold went up and exceeded 1840.
QQQ stock price target
The share price of Invesco is sensitive to financial conditions and the monetary policy of central banks. Low-interest rates and the ultra-soft monetary policy of the US Federal Reserve are leading to an increase in investor interest. Institutional players channel a large amount of cheap liquidity into the market. The activity of Invesco clients is increasing.
However, this is not the case now. Today the QQQ stock price target is $270, while the current stock price of QQQ is $289.